Unity Tutorial 01

Unity
(Source: Flickr)


For this post, I'll be talking about my experience with using unity for the first time. I followed 3 tutorials that helped me get a basic understanding of everything. I really enjoyed learning about how games can be created.

Some things that I learnt were how to navigate around the unity program and what certain tools are used for. I got used to it very quickly as the navigation is a bit like the photoshop. It just took awhile to get used to moving the camera and learning the new shortcuts. It defiantly seems straightforward so i'm excited to learn more about it.

Another thing that I leant was how code is very essential in creating games. It is what makes your designs move. I'll want to learn more about this but I want to take my time with it. I think it will be a good challenge to learn how to code a game.

Finally, I'm looking forward to learning how we're going to model our designs and where are we going to do it. After the tutorials, I followed a terrain building tutorial which I learned how to create terrain. I was much easier than I thought. I'm also not sure if we will need to use blender or not for certain models but I'm up to learning that as well!

Comments