Game Design Document

document
(Source: Pxfuel)

First starting this document, I wasn't sure exactly how to create but I understood what needed to be done. I checked out the applications I could use for it and Dundoc stood out because it had a template already which I could use. I used a basic one and modified to fit with what I needed to say. 

I think a game design document is useful for creating games as it gives the developer a chance to write his/her ideas down and go into detail with them. It also creates somewhat of a checklist as whatever you write, you should try your best to implement. It was useful for me as it enforced the idea of what I wanted to do but also gave me some more options of what I could do.

Here is the link to my GDD.

Comments

  1. Hi Edward, I like your game document is very well organised. It was easy to follow and it was to the point. You have an nice game idea that sounds like a relaxing game for anyone to play and have a go. Are you planning on putting any point to collect along the way maybe to make the game a little exciting? What type of backgrounds are you thinking of using? Will the game have a finish point back at the start line? Will the player be able to control the speed? What way are you thinking of making the road for the bike? Completely smooth or will you have some hills etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eddie,

    I really liked reading your document and your game idea and premise is something unique and something I don't think exists very much in the gaming industry. I reminds me a lot of the Tony Hawk Skater games just without the whole point system. One suggestion I have for the game is to have some optional mini quests for the player to do, such as delivering something from A to B just to entice the player to explore certain areas of the world and give them something to do while they're at it. Other than that, I think this game is brilliant and I can't wait to see the progress on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edward, I really liked your game design idea, it looks simple, relaxing, not too much complicated, which is good. Are you planning to make a Flow chart? It will help us to see how many levels the player’s planning to pass. I liked a mockup, and hope you can design your game idea using Unity. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Edward
    I really enjoyed reading your blog because if I was not a student I would be able to understand exactly what you were asked to write about in a game design document. I also liked reading your GDD because you used the Dundoc template just like me. This was convenient because the template helps you lay out everything. All the best
    - Cian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment