Growth Mindset

In this post, I'll be talking about the growth mindset which has been popularized by Carol Dweck. The growth mindset is basically a mindset which focuses on the process of challenges and striving to learn from them. If a task is too easy, you're not learning from it!

I've haven't heard about Carol Dweck until I had to research about her for this post. It was very interesting to learn about and I know if definitely works, you just have to be willing to believe it. I learned about the growth mindset from the series of videos that were recommended to me. They basically go into detail about fixed vs growth mindsets. 

I see myself as having a growth mindset as I know that the outcome doesn't matter as much as the process. I'd like to give an example that relates to this. I like to workout out and I definitely enjoy it. I don't focus on the outcome whenever I work out, for example, you become more athletic and look better when you do. I'd probably lose motivation fast and wouldn't want to train once I get bored of it. Instead, I like to focus on the process of the journey and putting my body through stress because that's the only way it will grow! Other factors such as its become a habit and I really enjoy it adds to my determination to working out as well but I think this is how the growth mindset works.

growth mindset
(Source: Growth Mindset Zone)

During this semester, I'd like to learn more about it because I love learning now. I don't want to miss an opportunity of learning because it makes me a better person. The modules I'm looking forward to are visual design fundamentals and multimedia development because I love designing and having challenging assignments.

Comments