Game Elements

game design
(Source: Pexels)

 In this post, I'll be discussing the articles that I read for this week. I read "What are the qualities of Games?" and "Game design research" by Annakaisa Kultima. I also watched a quick video on the introduction to game design.

I think the documents that are read were pretty interesting and give a lot of information the study of game design and the qualities of games. Game design is just as important to game as the development of them. Game design research has also been encouraged and more recognised throughout the years. I agree that a game designer should be a more important role to games because it is what the gamers see when they play the games.

I also agree with the point about critical analysis and why it is needed. We need to know exactly why each function is in our games and if there's anything we can remove or add. Getting feedback regardless of whether you think it's positive or not, helps us ask important questions such as why should someone play this game?

The video gives good reasons why and how you should prototype your game such as sketching and modeling. It is important to take action and use the ideas that you've come up with. Adding more depth to your idea helps visualise and flesh out your game

Comments