Game Idea Research


research
(Source: Pikist)

So the idea I've decided to choose was the idea where you go on a relaxing cycle. I choose this once I got my feedback and I'm excited to start this. 

Before I do, I need to come up with a few main mechanics, so I can start this game. Firstly, I need to get a character and be able to move it and have animations such as walking and getting on/off the bicycle. Then I will need to be able to move the bicycle and have a cycling animation with that. Lastly, I will need to have a third person camera following the player around the terrain.  Optionally, I would like to add AI to the game and have cars, people and animals moving.

While doing the research, I found some good tutorials on how to achieve these mechanics. I couldn't find any good videos on bicycles, so I looked around for other vehicles which I can modify later. The first video teaches us how to get a character getting on/out a car. This is super helpful as it shows me how to add animations to the bicycle!

The second video shows us how to get a character rigged in Blender. This video is great because I can make my own custom animations to fit with the game.

The third video shows us how to set up a third person camera and movement. This was useful to learn more about unity and where to get started.

The fourth video shows us how to create wandering AI. I can use this video for the AI I want to create and have them wandering. I could even add on to this and give them a specific paths to follow which would be useful for the people and cars.


Comments

  1. Hi Edward, just read your blog and your game idea seems really interesting, I haven’t seen anyone doing a game like this so I would be interested to see how it turns out. It’s good that you have some videos to help you with your project and I’m sure there is plenty more material that can help you out there. Best of luck with the rest of this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edward, your blog was great to read. I really like your idea and plan for the game. Here's some feedback that hopefully will help you in one way or another.
    I love the idea you have by implementing AI to your game. Having cars, people and animals wonder around really sounds like a great idea. I wonder if you will add a choice of bikes that the player can choose from. Such as BMX's, mountain bikes and so on. Will the game have any obstacles? Will you be able to do any tricks with the bikes?
    If you decide to allow the player to do tricks on the bike or even bunny hop you should add some "easter eggs" in it. What I mean by that is that you add roofs that are closer to the ground where people can jump on and have a big stunt jump or a secret tunnel that brings you on a cool ride. Something on those lines.
    Thats it from me. I really hope I helped you with my feedback or gave you some ideas, Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edward, I just after reading your Game Idea Research and by the looks of it, it is real interesting and different as I have not hear of anyone else doing something along this line. The videos you listed are usually which is good a lot of things that will help you there. Beside all that good luck o developing this game of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment