Unity Tutorial 03

unity
(Source: Myself)


For this week of unity tutorials, I had to complete three lessons. We had to create a top view game with the player moving left and right only. The player could shoot food upwards while random animals would be going down and you had to hit them with the food. We had to follow the videos and repeat the steps.

I liked these tutorials as I feel like I learnt a lot. I learnt about prefabs, instantiate and destroy objects, spawn managers, key-codes and random generation. It was fun to create these things and seeing how it played out. 

Everything was pretty simple to understand but it's always the coding that is a bit challenging. I learnt that whatever goes wrong is my fault not the game engines so I have to find the error which could be anything. However, it is satisfying when I complete a task.

I'm looking forward to maybe using some of these skills that I learnt and putting them into my game. One feature that sticks out to me is the random generation of animals which I could use in my game but I would have to tweak the code. Regardless, It's always good to learn something new!

Comments