Unity Tutorial 04

 

unity tutorials
(Source: Myself)

For this post, I had to complete two Unity lessons which continued on from last weeks lessons. We had to finish the last lesson on the food game and also do a challenge with the skills we learnt. It was pretty interesting how this turned out!

For the final lesson, we learned about colliders and triggers, override functions, creating custom functions and log debugs. These were pretty simple to understand and I see why they're useful in making games. With the colliders, we were able to destroy the animals and the food. This is very useful as it can be used in different ways such as triggering events.

After that, I started the challenge. With having new skills and understanding them, it was much easier to complete this challenge compared to the last one. It didn't take too long to complete and it was fairly straight-forward. The issues I did have were easily solved with just trial and error. 

Overall, I liked completing this weeks tutorials. I feel that my skills are improving and I can use these skills to work on my own games. I'm happy with the fast progress I'm making so far!

Comments