Alpha

city
(Source: Myself)

In this post, I'll be talking about the development and updates of my game. I have the main mechanics of what I need so now it's time to to build the city. I first sketched out how I wanted it to be and then downloaded some assets such as roads and buildings. While doing some tests with collision on the buildings and fences, I realised that my player would go over the fences and try ride up and do bunny hops along the buildings which I didn't want. I tried figured what is going wrong and tried multiplied types of code but I think the best solution for me right now is putting a box collider just before the player is about to go upwards.

After spending a good while getting the city built, I noticed it was taking too long and barely any progress was being made. So I looked around for some assets that had a city built and I found one. It looked really nice but still had roads leading to nowhere. I created a few roads with buildings along them and the starting area. I also built a wall along the city so the player can't go out of bounds. Once I had this, I started working on the terrain for the forrest. To be honest, I didn't have much time to complete this part as I had other things to work on but I managed to edit the terrain but nothing else. 

I think for next week I'll definitely get the forrest are built and that should be the main aspect of the game completed other than the music, sounds and UI.

Comments

  1. Hey Eddie,

    I see your game is coming along very nicely and I've been excited to see more of this game that you're making. I get the whole thing of not having the time to make your own assets as I had a similar situation so I just had to find one on the assets store but it isn't too bad for our first game and experience with C#. Anyway, I'm excited to see the final product so keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment