Review Week Comments and Feedback

comments
(Source: NeedPix)

For this post, I'll be talking about comments and feedback. For the comments that I was receiving, I thought that they were helpful and positive. I think the quality of them was pretty good and that they're detailed in what they were writing about. I liked reading them as well and hearing what my class had to say about my blog posts. The most useful comments are the ones that provide feedback on my ideas. I like these ones because they don't just tell me how well I'm doing but also what I can do to improve it. It also gives me a different perspective to the idea which I can then take their comments into consideration.

For the comments I was leaving on other peoples blog's, I think they were up to a good standard where the student could find some useful information from it. The feedback strategy that I've been using is the one we have been taught which is WWW (Wow, Wonder and What If?). I think this strategy was effective in providing good feedback. I think it is important to praise because that is harder to do than criticise someone's work. Also leaving a good impression on a student that you don't really know is important so using that strategy is good for it.

With the blog comments, I don't think they're a great way of connecting with someone new or getting to know them. I think it's better as a way to introduce yourself. I don't feel like I'm connecting with others through them if I'm honest. With my introduction post, I'm happy with it and I think it shows what type of person I am. I think it does help someone to get to know me a little bit more and see what I like to do.

I'm not sure how to make the feedback more useful than it already is. It seems like it's good enough but they do get repetitive. Maybe if there were comments that didn't rely on a strategy or a word count it would different as it would feel more genuine. I guess that could be used for the extra comments. Other than that, I think everything else is good.

Comments