Games Testing

testing
(Source: Pexels)

For this post, I'll be talking about the articles and video that I watched. They were all about game testing and their importance. 

In the first article, they talked about the types of game testing and the importance of it. They state that it is essential conduct tests as they can help in find and fix errors and make everyone's life simpler. I agree with this article as it is more important now to test with the increase in players and the high expectations for the games. From these, I think Functionality Testing and Performance Testing are the best ones to perform on your game.

In the second article, it was a study on software testing in game development. They were able to find differences between software and computer game testing with the mixed-method. Games differ from software as there are different characteristics to each one of them. That means that the way they test will be different and will achieve different results. I found this study to be informational and interesting.

In the video, Brackeys discusses the importance of play testing. He gives us some tips on playtesting such as starting with the basics and don't wait until the last minute to playtest as your game just might not be what you expected. I liked this video and gave me a lot more information about testing.

Comments