Week 9 Reading and Writing

 For this post, I'll be talking about my thoughts on this module so far. Looking back now, I can see that I learned a lot since I started this module. The most obvious one is learning how to use Unity and learning how to code. I never thought I'd be coding games and see how it works now makes me appreciate the hard work that goes into making games, even the smallest details. It is a lot of work but it is rewarding when you complete the challenges that you face. 

The readings and writing assignments have been going well. I will have to say that they are getting a bit repetitive but other than that it's fine. I just get through them. Looking back, I'd say my favourite reading was the one about the flow state. I'm actually reading Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi so it was nice to see how the flow state can be implemented into gaming. I also noticed when I was working on my challenges in my game, I was in the flow state.  When I solved a problem, I would feel fulfilled and accomplished but would wear off pretty quickly because there would be another problem straight after it.

So far I'm happy with how my game is turning out and I'm pretty proud of how far I've come. Seeing it actually becoming a game is pretty cool to see. I never knew how long it takes to make a game so that was something I realised quickly. I'd say my biggest accomplishment is working on my game. 


bicycle
(Source: Myself)

This is my favourite image from a previous project post because it was when I started working on my game. Little did I know how much I would have to do and I can see now the improvements that I made. 

Looking forward, I want to finish the game to a standard that I'm happy with. I realise that I don't have much time left to finish everything I wanted so I'll have to focus on what's important first. I still have a lot to do so a bit more time to improve. To get more out of the reading and writing, I think I would need to go over a few things because I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a few of the readings. I don't have anything else to say about the readings and writings as they're pretty simple to do and easy to understand. I do think they help a lot with helping us understand more about game design and game theory. I can agree that they do help with improving how we make our games.



Comments