Unity Tutorial 05

 

(Source: Myself)

For this post, I'll be talking about the unity tutorials I did. I did three in total and it was on one specific game. In this game, we needed to make the character jump above obstacles while running. We learnt a lot of new skills which I will discuss.

In the first tutorial, we learnt about how to get our character jumping and having obstacles spawn in a different times.  We also learnt a bit about booleans, rigid-bodies and gravity. It was interesting to see how these can add to the game but I feel I still need to learn more about them.

In the second tutorial, we learnt how to get our character moving which is an illusion. We actually made the background move and repeat itself which was fun to learn. We also learnt how tags work and a little bit about script communication.

In the last tutorial, we learnt the basics to animation. We were able to set up the animations for the character to run, jump and fall over. It was something new to learn which I enjoyed. It seems much more complex when you get into such as how to script the animations and such.

Comments