Planning my Reading Project

reviewing
(Source: Pexels)


For our reading project, we all had to choose a subject to study and write about. I had a difficult time picking one that I would like to write about but I eventually choose to write about the problem with loot boxes. This is one that I feel is important and one that needs to be addressed.

Once I chose my topic, I checked the research topic checklist. The subject focuses on a narrow topic, it is significant to researchers, it can be researched by the deadline, it has enough information available, variables and relationships can be investigated and there is a direction for the research to be taken.

I also used the search strategy given to us. I was able to find a lot of academic journals but I will still need to narrow my selection down to the most important ones. However, I moved all these papers to RefWorks to test it out and it seems great to be using.

I set up the Matrix Method to test it out as well. I set up all the folders and put everything that I have into them. For example, I put all the keyword searches into a word and put it into the paper trail folder. I think this is a great way to store information but I guess I'll see if it works well or not. I'm going to also be using the Review Matrix to help extract information from each source.


Comments