Unity Tutorial 01

unity tutorial 01
(Source: Myself)

In this post, I'll be talking about the Unity Tutorials I completed. This is our second week back so it's nice to have a refresher into Unity again. This time, we're working on 2D games so it should be interesting.

In the first tutorial, I learned setting up Unity for 2D games. It's pretty similar to the 3D version so it's familiar. In the second tutorial, I learned about sprites and set up the main character. This was fairly straight forward so I had no issues. We also set up the first script to make the character move which was easy to understand.

In the third tutorial, I learned about Moving a character in 2D. We updated the previous script and made the character move when pressing certain keys. I already knew how to do this in 3D so it was really good to learn it in 2D.

In the final tutorial, we learnt about tile maps and their uses. They basically help you paint the world for your game. This one was a bit difficult to figure out what needed to be done but I was able to complete it. Overall, I'm happy with the progress so far!

Comments