Unity Tutorial 02

unity
(Source: Myself)

 In this post, I'll be talking about the tutorials we had to complete for this week. They were tutorials that continued what we did for last week and there was only two of them to be completed.

In the first tutorial, we basically decorated our worlds and learnt how to make ruby go behind and in front of an object which adds depth to the game. They taught us about prefabs which we already about but I didn't know you could change the colour of sprites which is good to know! I liked creating the world and adding the objects to it.

In the second tutorial, we learnt about blocking movement and setting up colliders in a 2d game. I learnt how to use the box colliders and rigid bodies for Ruby and the objects and also the tile-map which is really useful to know. We had to change up Ruby's code to remove the jittering from colliding as well. 

Overall, I'm happy for the progress I'm making and it seems a bit more enjoyable to create than a 3d game at this point!

Comments